We know how hard it can be leaving your dog in kennels so you can go on holiday, they're often considered part of the family. We therefore allow dogs to stay with you in most of our UK resorts.
As you'd expect there are a few rules we ask owners to follow and there is an additional charge to allow for specialist cleaning following your visit to avoid upsetting future guests with pet hair allergies.
You can bring a maximum of 2 dogs to stay with you in the following UK resorts:
- Macdonald Lochanhully Resort
- Macdonald Spey Valley Resort
- Macdonald Forest Hills Resort
- Macdonald Plas Talgarth Resort
Macdonald Elmers Court Resort only accepts registered Guide Dogs or Hearing Dogs for Deaf People.
There is a fixed additional fee of £75 per apartment per stay, regardless of duration. This fee is payable on arrival at your resort. This does not apply to guests travelling with registered Guide Dogs or Hearing Dogs for Deaf People.
- Please advise the resort in advance, when making your booking that your pet will be holidaying with you. Staff will then be prepared for your arrival.
- We ask that all guests register their pet(s) at reception on arrival. You will then be issued with a collar marker so that staff can see that your pet has been registered and is formally on site.
- Dogs when on the site should remain on a lead at all times no longer than 2 metres in length. All pets must be controlled by their owners at all times.
- Pets are not allowed in any of the following public areas: Restaurants, Bars, Children’s Play Area, Outdoor Pool Terrace, Golf Course or any other sports facility.
- Under no circumstances are pets allowed to access the bedroom areas of the apartments, nor are they allowed to climb on any piece of apartment furniture.
- Pet owners should follow the rules of the countryside and not take their pets across any field where sheep are lambing or where there are cows with calves.
- When out walking with your dog owners should carry dog waste bags so that any mess your dog may cause can be disposed of in the receptacles provided.
- Owners of badly behaved pets, will be asked to leave the resort.
- You will be required to show a current health certificate/ Pet Passport confirming that your pet has been vaccinated within the last 12 months
- Pet owners failing to comply with the ‘Pet Policy’ will be subject to an additional minimum charge of £100.