Located at the southern tip of Snowdonia National Park, 15 minutes from the stunning Welsh coast, immerse yourself in the most spectacular scenery this winter at Macdonald Plas Talgarth Resort.
From steam train trips with Santa Claus to visiting an elves workshop in a real silver mine there’s plenty of fun things for families to do over the festive period.
If you love a good winters walk then pick up the Welsh Coastal Path that passes through the resort or choose from the huge variety of hikes and climbs with the wider national park.
You're also invited to join in the celebrations within our YGarth Bar & Restaurant. Please view the list of festive events below, including links to menus, and contact the restaurant directly to book in advance (essential) by calling 01654 791394 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gather friends, family or colleagues for a festive lunch or dinner from 1st December 2019 to early January 2020.
£17.95 for 2 courses and £22.95 for 3 courses
Welcome drink and nibbles followed by a three course lunch, coffee and mince pies
|£59.95 adult, £29.95 child (14 and under)|
New Years Eve
Join us in the bar to enjoy some music and celebrate the start of 2020!
|From 9pm. Free entry!|
Terms and Conditions
- Christmas Break prices apply between 20th and 26th December 2019.
- New Year Breaks prices apply between 27th December 2019 and 2nd January 2020.
- A minimum 3 nights stay restriction applies to all breaks. Longer durations are also available within these periods, please see website for prices or contact Resort Reservations on 0344 879 9102.
- Prices advertised are for one and two-bedroom properties. Larger properties may also be available, please contact us for availability and prices.
- Pre-booking of any resort meals or events is strongly recommended to avoid disappointment. Please note we cannot take bookings centrally, please contact the resort direct to make a reservation.
- Breaks booked more than 8 weeks in advance can be confirmed with a 25% deposit. Any outstanding balance is due to be paid in full 8 weeks before arrival. If you cancel more than 8 weeks before arrival you are liable to pay a cancellation fee which is of 25% of the total holiday value minus any deposits already paid. Macdonald Resorts have the right to cancel your booking if the full balance is not paid 8 weeks before arrival.
- Bookings are non-transferable and all deposits and payments are non-refundable.
This resort has a wide variety of accommodation which includes apartments and studios within the mansion house, 2 or 3 bed lodges, villas and bungalows within the landscaped grounds, perfect for small groups or families. The views from each property are truly outstanding and the surrounding countryside offers such a peaceful setting.
All properties have a fully equipped kitchen, spacious dining area and living area which includes a smart TV. Some properties also benefit from exterior patios or balconies with outdoor seating, perfect for an al fresco breakfast overlooking the rolling hills.
There is Wi-Fi access throughout all public areas of the resort and whilst this extends to the majority of accommodation this cannot be guaranteed due to the rural setting of our resort.
Studio Apartment Sleeps 2
Our studio apartments feature a spacious open plan living, dining, kitchen and sleeping area with a double sofa bed plus one bathroom.
Comfort - One Bedroom Sleeps 4
Your accommodation includes one double or twin bedroom plus a double sofa bed in the lounge area. The living space includes a fully equipped kitchen, spacious lounge and family dining area.
Comfort - Two Bedroom Sleeps 6
Your accommodation includes two double or twin bedrooms plus a double sofa bed in the lounge area. The living space includes a fully equipped kitchen, spacious lounge and family dining area plus two bathrooms.
Comfort Extra - Two Bedroom Sleeps 6
Your accommodation includes two double or twin bedrooms plus a double sofa bed in the lounge area. The living space includes a balcony with views across the valley, a fully equipped kitchen, spacious lounge and family dining area plus two bathrooms.
Comfort - Three Bedroom Sleeps 6
Your accommodation includes one double, one twin and one bunk bedroom. The living space includes a fully equipped kitchen, spacious lounge and family dining area plus two bathrooms.
Comfort Extra - Three Bedroom Sleeps 8
Your accommodation includes one double, one twin and one adjoining bunk or twin bedroom plus a sofa bed/pull down bed in the lounge area. The living space includes a fully equipped kitchen, spacious lounge and family dining area plus two bathrooms.
Macdonald Plas Talgarth Resort
Snowdonia National Park
0344 879 9100