In the heart of Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park you'll find Macdonald Forest Hills Resort. Located on the shores of Loch Ard you'll enjoy loch and mountain views in abundance, beautiful landscaped gardens, 4-star leisure facilities and outdoor activities right on your doorstep. It's the perfect escape from the city, only 40 minutes from Stirling, an hour from Glasgow and 90 minutes from Edinburgh.
Whether you're staying for two nights or two weeks you'll love the freedom of a self catering holiday. Our spacious accommodation offers a real 'home from home' with a fully equipped kitchen and spacious dining area plus plenty of options for dining out at our on-site bars and restaurants - the best of both worlds.
Add that to our extensive resort leisure facilities including a swimming pool, spa, sauna, steam room, gym and tennis courts there's something for everyone at Macdonald Forest Hills Resort.
Terms & Conditions
- Leisure Breaks rates are subject to availability, minimum stay restriction applies.
- From prices quoted are per night for a one-bedroom property that sleeps 2-4 people (maximum 2 adults) room only. Two and three-bedroom apartments are also available for a supplement.
- £49 deposit is required to secure bookings made more than 28 days in advance of arrival. Any outstanding balance is due to be paid in full 28 days before arrival.
- For bookings made within 28 days of arrival the total holiday value is payable at the point of booking.
- Guests can make one amendment to any booking up until 28 days before arrival. Amended arrival date must be within one year of original booking. If the new booking is of a higher value, then you will be required to pay the difference.
- If you cancel more than 28 days before arrival you are liable to pay a cancellation fee which is of 25% of the total holiday value. If you cancel within 28 days of arrival you are liable to pay a cancellation fee which is 100% of the total holiday value
- Macdonald Resorts have the right to cancel your booking if the full balance is not paid 28 days before arrival and retain any deposit amount already paid.
- All pre-paid deposits and balances are non-refundable.
- Please note that electricity in UK resorts is metered during your stay and payable on departure.
There's a wide range of apartments within Forest Hills suitable for couples or families large and small. With spacious living areas with open plan dining and kitchens it will quickly become your 'home from home'.
All kitchens are fully equipped including all the utensils you would expect plus an oven, microwave and dishwasher. There's even a Nespresso machine - very welcome after a day on the loch or a hike in the nearby Queen Elizabeth Forest!
Some of our larger apartments also include a private sauna within the bathroom, please enquire at the time of booking.
* Twin Beds available on request
Comfort - One Bedroom Sleeps 4
These apartments feature one double bedroom, two bathrooms and a spacious open plan kitchen, dining and living area which also includes a sofa bed within the lounge.
Comfort - Two Bedroom Sleeps 6
These apartments feature one double bedroom, one twin bedroom, two bathrooms and a spacious open plan kitchen, dining and living area which also includes a sofa bed within the lounge.
Comfort Collection - Two Bedroom Sleeps 6
These apartments feature one double bedroom, one twin bedroom, two bathrooms and a spacious open plan kitchen, dining and living area which also includes a sofa bed or wall bed within the lounge. Some apartments include a private sauna within the main bathroom.
Comfort Collection - Three Bedroom Sleeps 8
These apartments feature one double bedroom, two twin bedrooms, three bathrooms and a spacious open plan kitchen, dining and living area which also includes a sofa bed within the lounge. The main bathroom also includes a private sauna.
Macdonald Forest Hills Resort