Prefer your winter greens palm fringed than water logged? This will suit you down to a tee.
Kick start your 2019 golf season with a place in the new Macdonald Resorts Spanish Open - a stableford competition with the choice of two different weeks to compete from only £349 per person.
- Your place in the competition
- Three rounds of golf across three different courses
- Golf buggy hire for each round
- Presentation dinner on the final night
- A choice of 5 or 7 nights staying at Macdonald Doña Lola Resort, Calahonda
Week One Competition
Sunday 27th January | Los Olivos
Near the hillside village of Mijas, Los Olivos is famous for its narrow tree lined fairways. There may not be many water hazards but the undulating elevated greens offer sufficient challenge!
Tuesday 29th January | Mira Flores
Mira Flores offers golfers of all abilities a great game. Located only 3kms from Doña Lola this the course follows the natural contours of the valley, much flatter than it actually looks.
Wednesday 30th January | Cabopino
Cabopino (pictured left) offers outstanding views of the Mediterranean. The key to this popular course is accuracy over distance, the most memorable holes played from very elevated tees.
Week Two Competition
Sunday 3rd February | Santa Clara
This course (pictured left) near Marbella presents a technically challenging but straightforward and pleasant round, wide fairways with few roughs and open greens without pronounced slope.
Tuesday 5th February | Cabopino
Cabopino offers outstanding views of the Mediterranean. The key to this popular course is accuracy over distance, the most memorable holes played from very elevated tees.
Wednesday 6th February | Calanova
With a reputation of a very warm welcome, this course is literally 5 minutes from the coast offering dramatic drives, huge greens and breathtaking scenery. A memorable play!
You'll soon discover it's not just the golf that's the highlight of your break. You and your fellow golfers will reside at our largest and most popular resort in Spain, the Macdonald Doña Lola Resort:
- Beachfront location in Calahonda, only 30 minutes from Malaga Airport.
- Spacious one bedroom self-catering apartments which include lounge, dining room, bathroom and fully equipped kitchen. Larger two and three bed apartments are also available for an additional supplement.
- Free access to the resort's three swimming pools, tennis courts, gym, steam room and sauna
- Choice of 2 resort bars and restaurants with special golfer’s menus from only €15 for 3 courses.
Spanish Open Prizes
You're not just coming to Spain for the warm sunshine, amazing golf courses and sangria right? Check out these amazing prizes on offer during each week of the competition:
- 3-night break at Macdonald Doña Lola Resort with 2 rounds of golf and buggy hire for 2 people
- 2-night break at Macdonald Spey Valley Resort in Aviemore including a round of golf at the Macdonald Spey Valley Championship Golf Course along the River Spey (pictured left)
- Four-ball at your choice of Macdonald Hotel golf courses in the UK
More daily prizes will be up for grabs! And, since all of these prizes are per week, why not stay for both competitions and double your chances?
5 Nights - from only £349 per person
7 Nights - from only £389 per person
Tel: 01506 815 1438
Please ask for Tony Roche, Macdonald Resorts European Golf Sales Executive. Alternatively use the link below and complete an enquiry form and Tony will get in touch soon.
Terms and Conditions
- Price shown includes accommodation, competition entry, presentation dinner, buggy hire and 3 rounds of golf as stipulated above. Food, flights, transfers and insurance are not included.
- Guests should arrive no later than Saturday 26th January for Week One of the competition and no later than Saturday 2nd February for Week Two.
- All advertised rates are based on two people sharing a one-bedroom apartment at Macdonald Dona Lola Resort and are subject to availability. Larger apartments are available for a suppliment.
- Tee times for each course will be confirmed once entry numbers have been confirmed
- Club hire, car hire, additional nights at Doña Lola and extra rounds of golf can all be added upon request.
- Non golfing friends and family are welcome too, just ask for 'accommodation only' prices when enquiring.