Macdonald Resorts Spanish Open
Prefer your winter greens palm fringed than water logged? Our Spanish Opens will suit you down to a tee!
Our Open's are a friendly stableford competition bringing together like-minded golfers who enjoy playing top class courses in Spain (and sunshine) and the opportunity to meet new people and maybe win some prizes too!
We've already hosted 3 sell-out events in 2019 and 2020. Come and join us on our next event and see for yourself...
NEW Spring Open
23-26 March 2020
Our February event is now completely full so if you've missed out (or want to come back for more!) we've just announced another event in March!
- Compete over two rounds of golf at two different courses (itinerary below)
- Enjoy 3 nights at Macdonald Doña Lola Resort, Calahonda
- Golf buggy hire for every round
- Daily prizes plus presentation dinner and big prizes on the final night
From only £229 per person.
Spring Open Itinerary
|Monday 23rd March||
Arrive and make yourself at home at Macdonald Doña Lola Resort
7.30pm - Welcome gathering at La Plaza Beach Restaurant on the resort
|Tuesday 24th March||
Play Calanova Golf Course
Located in the stunning ‘golf valley’ close to the town of La Cala de Mijas this course is suitable for golfers of all playing abilities. The perfect course to kick start your competition!
A great characteristic of the Calanova course is that it has over 500 sqm of greens, meaning easier approach shots. There's a wide range of pin positions from the simple to the extremely challenging. The tee positions are spread over several different platforms giving players the opportunity to play the course over a range of distances. Some of the elevated tees also make for some spectacular tee shots where players can visualise the flight of the shot before playing their shot.
Due to the beautiful natural landscapes, almost every golf hole will provide you with lovely views to the La Cala de Mijas mountains and the Mediterranean Sea.
|Wednesday 25th March||
Play Cabopino Golf Course
Famous for its spectacular views to the Mediterranean Sea and surrounding pine forests and lush green landscapes.
At just under 5,600 yards and Par 71, the course has some fantastic holes to challenge you including the spectacular Par 4 3rd hole, regarded as one of the best on the Costa del Sol. Jaw dropping views are on offer from this hole that presents you with a tee shot that drops around 200 metres to the fairway! In total, there are three Par 3’s, two Par 5’s and the remaining Par 4’s. The fairways are generally narrow, but the large greens offer you a great opportunity to be brave with your approach shot.
The tenth hole at Cabopino offers wonderful views to the back nine holes and the Mediterranean Sea beyond.
7.45pm 3-course dinner at La Plaza Beach with prize presentations to the Open's champions!
|Thursday 26th March||Depart from Macdonald Doña Lola Resort or extend your stay a few more days.|
If you wish to arrive earlier or stay on for a few extra days just let us know and we can arrange this for you. We can also book additional rounds of golf at preferential rates and tee times, just ask Tony on 01506 815143.
You're not just coming to Spain for the warm sunshine, amazing golf courses and sangria right? Check out these amazing prizes on offer during each week of the competition:
- 3-night break at Macdonald Doña Lola Resort with 2 rounds of golf and buggy hire for 2 people
- 2-night break at Macdonald Spey Valley Resort in Aviemore including a round of golf at the Macdonald Spey Valley Championship Golf Course along the River Spey.
- Four-ball at your choice of Macdonald Hotel golf courses in the UK
Plus a few daily prizes up for grabs!
You'll soon discover it's not just the golf that's the highlight of your break. You and your fellow golfers will reside at our largest and most popular resort in Spain, the Macdonald Doña Lola Resort:
- Beachfront location in Calahonda, only 40 minutes from Malaga Airport.
- Spacious one, two or three bedroom self-catering apartments which include lounge, dining room, bathroom and fully equipped kitchen.
- Free access to the resort's three swimming pools, tennis courts, gym, steam room and sauna
- Choice of 2 resort bars and restaurants with special golfer’s menus from only €15 for 3 courses.
- 3 Nights - from only £229 per person
Optional extras include transfers for the week (airport and golf transfers), breakfasts and club hire at 35€ per week. Larger apartments also available for an additonal supplement, extra nights too! Please enquire at the time of booking for prices.
Call: 01506 815143
Please ask for Tony Roche, Macdonald Resorts European Golf Sales Executive. Alternatively use the link below and complete an enquiry form and Tony will get in touch very soon.
Terms and Conditions
- From price includes competition entry, three rounds of golf (as advertised), buggy hire for the three rounds, self-catering accommodation based on two people sharing a one bedroom apartment, access to all resort leisure faciliaties and the prize presentation dinner.
- Price excludes travel to Spain, transfers (available at extra cost), club hire (available) and all other meals excluding the presentation dinner.
- Book more than 8 weeks in advance and pay only 25% deposit to secure your place. Your outstanding balance is automatically taken 8 weeks before arrival from same payment card unless requested otherwise.
- Macdonald Resorts have the right to cancel your booking if your full balance is not paid 8 weeks before arrival. A cancellation fee of 25% of the total value minus deposits already paid is also payable.
- If you cancel more than 8 weeks before arrival you are liable to pay a cancellation fee which is of 25% of the total holiday value minus any deposits already paid. Any holidays cancelled less than 8 weeks prior to arrival are non-refundable and non-transferable.