Macdonald Resorts Spanish Open
Prefer your winter greens palm fringed than water logged? Our Spanish Opens will suit you down to a tee!
Our Open's are a friendly stableford competition bringing together like-minded golfers who enjoy playing top class courses in Spain (and sunshine) and the opportunity to meet new people and maybe win some prizes too!
We've already hosted 3 sell-out events in 2019 and 2020. Come and join us on our next event and see for yourself...
Spring Open - Cancelled
23-26 March 2020
Regrettably we have had to cancel this event as a result of travel restrictions in place imposed by the Spanish government. We are contacting all booked guests and hope to see you all at our November event as an alternative.
2nd-7th November 2020
With our March event sadly cancelled we've organised another event in November for those who missed out and anyone else who'd love to join us!
- Compete over three rounds of golf at three different courses (itinerary below)
- Enjoy 5 nights at Macdonald Doña Lola Resort, Calahonda
- Golf buggy hire for every round
- Daily prizes plus presentation dinner and big prizes on the final night
From only £399 per person.
|Monday 2nd November||
Arrive and make yourself at home at Macdonald Doña Lola Resort
From 7.30pm we invite you to join us at the La Plaza Beach Restaurant (by the main pool) for a welcome meeting where you will receive a complimentary drink on arrival and a chance to meet your fellow golfers for the week.
|Tuesday 3rd November||9.30am - Rio Real Golf Course. A flat course sloping gradually down towards the sea, it is very picturesque. Large trees offer plenty of shade and the fairways make several crossings of the Real River after which this club was named. This is considered one of Marbella’s “classic” golf courses with a venerable history over many years.|
|Wednesday 4th November||9am - La Cala Campo Europa. A dramatic course but easier for the average golfer, with generous fairways, flatter terrain and slightly larger greens than Campo America and Asia. Notable for one main bridge and four smaller bridges across the River Ojen, which features in eight holes cutting across the fairways.|
|Thursday 5th November||9am - Marbella Golf & Country Club. A typical Robert Trent Jones design, with its sweeping fairways, abundant bunkers and large undulating greens. The first few holes require accurate and brave tee shots to get across the ravines and gullies! The next holes are welcoming and somewhat easier on the nerves. Marbella GCC provides one of the most challenging golfing experiences on the Costa Del Sol but you'll be a pro by now!
7.45pm - Evening Presentation Dinner with entertainment at the Doña Lola La Plaza Beach Restaurant
|Friday 6th November||A day to relax and enjoy the resort and its facilities. Reflect on your week's golf or perhapd fit in an extra game before you return home (we can arrange this for you). You're also just 20 minutes from Fuengirola or Marbella (bus stops outside Doña Lola) if you want to explore further.|
|Saturday 7th November||Depart from Macdonald Doña Lola Resort or extend your stay from as little as £65 per night|
If you wish to arrive earlier or stay on for a few extra days just let us know and we can arrange this for you. We can also book additional rounds of golf at preferential rates and tee times, just ask Tony on 01506 815143.
You're not just coming to Spain for the warm sunshine, amazing golf courses and sangria right? Check out these amazing prizes on offer during each week of the competition:
- 3-night break at Macdonald Doña Lola Resort with 2 rounds of golf and buggy hire for 2 people
- 2-night break at Macdonald Spey Valley Resort in Aviemore including a round of golf at the Macdonald Spey Valley Championship Golf Course along the River Spey.
- Four-ball at your choice of Macdonald Hotel golf courses in the UK
Plus a few daily prizes up for grabs!
You'll soon discover it's not just the golf that's the highlight of your break. You and your fellow golfers will reside at our largest and most popular resort in Spain, the Macdonald Doña Lola Resort:
- Beachfront location in Calahonda, only 40 minutes from Malaga Airport.
- Spacious one, two or three bedroom self-catering apartments which include lounge, dining room, bathroom and fully equipped kitchen.
- Free access to the resort's three swimming pools, tennis courts, gym, steam room and sauna
- Choice of 2 resort bars and restaurants with special golfer’s menus from only €15 for 3 courses.
- 5 Nights - from only £399 per person
Optional extras include transfers for the week (airport and golf transfers), breakfasts and club hire at 35€ per week. Larger apartments also available for an additonal supplement, extra nights too! Please enquire at the time of booking for prices.
Call: 0344 879 9048
Please ask for Tony Roche, Macdonald Resorts European Golf Sales Executive. Alternatively use the link below and complete an enquiry form and Tony will get in touch very soon.
Terms and Conditions
- From price includes competition entry, three rounds of golf (as advertised), buggy hire for the three rounds, self-catering accommodation based on two people sharing a one bedroom apartment, access to all resort leisure faciliaties and the prize presentation dinner.
- Price excludes travel to Spain, transfers (available at extra cost), club hire (available) and all other meals excluding the presentation dinner.
- Book more than 8 weeks in advance and pay only 25% deposit to secure your place. Your outstanding balance is automatically taken 8 weeks before arrival from same payment card unless requested otherwise.
- Macdonald Resorts have the right to cancel your booking if your full balance is not paid 8 weeks before arrival. A cancellation fee of 25% of the total value minus deposits already paid is also payable.
- If you cancel more than 8 weeks before arrival you are liable to pay a cancellation fee which is of 25% of the total holiday value minus any deposits already paid. Any holidays cancelled less than 8 weeks prior to arrival are non-refundable and non-transferable.