Spanish Open Golf Offers
At Macdonald Resorts our golf tournament holidays are designed for Club golfers to enjoy a competition golf week, with an emphasis placed on amicable competition and serious socialising with like-minded golfers.
Our competitions are for everyone, mixed pairs, single golfers, seniors and even groups: all are great fun and a chance to make new golfing friends and discover the joys of the Costa Del Sol.
Our current golf holiday tournament is below, but we are however continually working on other high quality tournament holiday ideas and will be posting these once finalised. So please check back regularly to be kept up to date with the latest news about our Macdonald Resort golf tournament holidays.
February 2022 Spanish Open
21st February - 26th February 2022
Head for warmer climes in the New Year and Spain as you join us at our February Open event!
- Compete over three rounds of golf at three different courses (itinerary below)
- Enjoy 5 nights at Macdonald Doña Lola Resort, Calahonda
- Golf buggy hire for every round
- Daily prizes plus presentation dinner and big prizes on 24th February
From only £399 per person.
|Sunday 20th February||
Arrive and make yourself at home at Macdonald Doña Lola Resort
From 7.30pm we invite you to join us at the La Plaza Beach Restaurant (by the main pool) for a welcome meeting where you will receive a complimentary drink on arrival and a chance to meet your fellow golfers for the week.
|Monday 21st February||
09.10pm - EL Chaparral. Chaparral Golf Club is an 18-hole "Parkland Forest" course, surrounded by a Mediterranean forest. The protected area enhances the typical beauty of the region, where the mountains meet the sea.
|Tuesday 22nd February||12.03pm – Los Naranjos. Since the opening in 1977, Los Naranjos has been the host of several mayor competitions, including the Spanish Open, and is ranked one of the best golf courses in Spain.|
|Wednesday 23rd February||
10.40am – Cabopino Golf Marbella. Fantastic views over the Mediterranean provide the backdrop for course suitable for high handicap golfers as well as experienced players - watch out for the 3rd hole which is known as one of the most spectacular in the Costa del Sol.
|Thursday 24th February||
A day to relax and enjoy the resort and its facilities. Reflect on your week's golf or perhaps fit in an extra game before you return home (we can arrange this for you). You're also just 20 minutes from Fuengirola or Marbella (bus stops outside Doña Lola) if you want to explore further.
7.45pm - Evening Presentation Dinner with entertainment at the Doña Lola La Plaza Beach Restaurant
|Friday 25th February||Depart from Macdonald Doña Lola Resort or extend your stay from as little as £65 per night|
If you wish to arrive earlier or stay on for a few extra days just let us know and we can arrange this for you. We can also book additional rounds of golf at preferential rates and tee times, call us on 0344 879 9048.
You're not just coming to Spain for the warm sunshine, amazing golf courses and sangria right? Check out these amazing prizes on offer during each week of the competition:
- 3-night break at Macdonald Doña Lola Resort with 2 rounds of golf and buggy hire for 2 people
- 2-night break at Macdonald Spey Valley Resort in Aviemore including a round of golf at the Macdonald Spey Valley Championship Golf Course along the River Spey.
- Four-ball at your choice of Macdonald Hotel golf courses in the UK
Plus a few daily prizes up for grabs!
You'll soon discover it's not just the golf that's the highlight of your break. You and your fellow golfers will reside at our largest and most popular resort in Spain, the Macdonald Doña Lola Resort:
- Beachfront location in Calahonda, only 40 minutes from Malaga Airport.
- Spacious one, two or three bedroom self-catering apartments which include lounge, dining room, bathroom and fully equipped kitchen.
- Free access to the resort's three swimming pools, tennis courts, gym, steam room and sauna
- 5 Nights - from only £399 per person
Optional extras include transfers for the week (airport and golf transfers), breakfasts and club hire at 40€ per week. Larger apartments also available for an additonal supplement, extra nights too! Please enquire at the time of booking for prices.
Call: 0344 879 9048
Please ask for Chris Curran, Spain & UK Golf Sales Executive. Alternatively use the link below and complete an enquiry form and Tony will get in touch very soon.
Terms and Conditions
- From price includes competition entry, three rounds of golf (as advertised), buggy hire for the three rounds, self-catering accommodation based on two people sharing a one bedroom apartment, access to all resort leisure faciliaties and the prize presentation dinner.
- Price excludes travel to Spain, transfers (available at extra cost), club hire (available) and all other meals excluding the presentation dinner.
- Book more than 8 weeks in advance and pay only 25% deposit to secure your place. Your outstanding balance is automatically taken 8 weeks before arrival from same payment card unless requested otherwise.
- Macdonald Resorts have the right to cancel your booking if your full balance is not paid 8 weeks before arrival. A cancellation fee of 25% of the total value minus deposits already paid is also payable.
- If you cancel more than 8 weeks before arrival you are liable to pay a cancellation fee which is of 25% of the total holiday value minus any deposits already paid. Any holidays cancelled less than 8 weeks prior to arrival are non-refundable and non-transferable.