Following on from our previous announcements on steps being taken by Macdonald Resorts Limited to safeguard our staff, guests and Resorts through the current Covid-19 outbreak, we wish to further update you all on the steps we are taking.
Emergency powers were announced in Spain on the 13th March 2020 and the UK Government moved days later, meaning by the 26th March 2020 Macdonald Resorts in Spain and the UK along with all Macdonald Hotels are now temporarily closed.
As a business we continue to communicate daily with the Senior Team, basing our decisions on facts and of course guidance from relevant Governments and external specialists to ensure the health, wellbeing and general safety of our guests, staff and suppliers remain our priority.
We recently held our second update since the start of this health pandemic with your member representative committee chairs to update them on the business and answer questions and we all agreed it would be good to share a brief summary.
With the resorts temporarily closed we have taken several key measures including;
- The number of working onsite team members has reduced and moved to Furlough/Erte (the Spanish equivalent) to secure income for our employees, protect the financial stability of each Club and ensure we have experienced teams available to reopen our resorts as soon as possible
- Your central Member Services Team continue to work remotely, from home, with full and secure access to our IT & Management Systems. They continue to liaise with members and rearranging all guests’ reservations initially up to the end of May and of course assisting with bookings for future holidays. Our main phone number is now live but with only one incoming line, however email communications continue as normal and this remains the most effective way of contacting the central team
- We are communicating regularly with our teams on welfare and business updates
- Security has been increased on all our Resort sites
- Whilst our financial teams have been reduced, we remain focused on minimising costs, supplier payments, cash management and statutory accounting needs
- On resort teams followed a company-wide close down procedure to maximise safety, maintain the resort facilities and ensure the most efficient reopening when we are ready to do so in line with government advice
- Reduced maintenance and grounds team continue to keep the Resorts in working order, maintained and ready to reopen as soon as we can and are able to fully comply with social distancing and health and safety requirements
- An energy and water savings plan is in place and being monitored daily
- We continue to liaise with all our suppliers
As I write this note we are working on our plans to reopen from pool plant, laundry contracts, grounds, maintenance, cleaning and team start dates. None of us know at this stage when this will be but most importantly, we know the priority is to manage and control the Covid-19 virus for the health and wellbeing of all.
I wish to record our thanks to all our staff who are working collectively to deliver services remotely and we will continue to provide future updates.
We look forward to welcoming you back on holiday and best wishes to you and your families from me and all the team at Macdonald Resorts Limited.
CEO, Macdonald Resorts Limited